Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ideal V-Day

Before you read the poem,I would like to wish you happy valentine week to all..This poem i wrote during my teenage years and I know its filmy type because its imaginative...Hope I am able to keep your love spirit high:)

Another sunny morning and its Valentine Day,
I have just got an invitation in my way.
Its an invite for date from anonymous guy
I kept wondering who sent it and why
While driving to my college,I thought about it very much
That's who could be fooling me by inviting me for such heavenly affair that costs too much bucks.
On a signal stop,I took out my pocket mirror to check if I am looking good
Then came a motorist & showered flowers on my car and drove away so fast as he could
I thought its some well planned prank and joke
planned by my friends & folks.
All of a sudden I heard heavy loud noise & relished a helicopter is above me at a height
As I came out of my car,it rained flowers red and white.
After this someone screamed "Shruti!I love you"
I shivered & mumbled who are you.
Again I heard him say "please meet me in evening"
I thought to teach him a judo lesson in the meeting
Though I am romantic at heart but I don't like this publicity.
I would give him a punch & a lecture as I am witty.
Dumbfounded by this event,I reached my B school
And shared this with my buddies who called me lucky and cool
While readying for this hyped date I wore black top and floral skirt
& got ready to see who is he-genuine or just a rich spoil brat
On my way to the venue ,I kept wondering who is he.
Is he smart,intelligent and as I want my Mr.Right to be.
On reaching I was seated on one place & was requested to be seated on one place & wait
Impatiently i crossed my fingers & kept expecting my fate.
Then arrived a huge bouquet & my wait came to end.
And I was swept off my feet to see it was X(my best friend)
First he greeted me & then sat on his knees to propose me
I never imagined he loves me,as he been special friend to me.
Holding my hand while on his knees,he asked me "would you be mine"
Blushingly I said yes & he asked champagne or wine.
I was still overwhelmed that he is my Mr.Right
as he was looking stunning in suit of white
He asked me if he really like my Mr.Right
I smiled and whispered yes of course you are right..



10 comments:

Abhinav Gupta said...

happy valentine day to you too...

:)

nice poem...

Galtist said...

ahem ahem ahem

ur best friend must be a rich bloke... helicopter... :crazy:

Galtist said...

ahem ahem ahem

ur best friend must be a rich bloke... helicopter.. :crazy:

and u wud turn up for a blind date.. :)) :P

no signal said...

Is it a piece of fiction or poetic diary entry ? :O Well written.

Pushkar said...

Oh my, Thy poem is just so fine,
But you haven't revealed whether it's champagne or wine..

Now it's gonna be a heavy fight,
as to see who shoos off your Mr. Right!

We hope the poem hasn't happened (yet) in real,
So that, for one of us, the next V Day turns out to be "Ideal"

Abhishek Chopra said...

nice!!!....soft and romantic, just like it should be!

loved every bit of it!

varun said...

sorry to leave a comment in Hindi...but mereko lagta hai ki feel sirf Hindi mein aayegi.... One word..... " jabardast " kabhi mein bhi ek poem likhi thi lekin wo itni aachi nahin thi....

Indrajoy TBA- The Born Attitude said...

Woh!!! Shruti I really don't know who is lucky here, the guy or you :)....seems to be a perfect love story ....

yash gupta said...

too imaginative as by now govt has not allowed chopper to fly any where in india , but in fairy tales any thing is possible

Thє SτσIc said...

there is no greater joy in this world than this .. when your best friend turns out to be your paramour there isn't anything else left to ask .. the rhyme scheme was really simplistic and cute .. who cares about grammar when the point reaches out straight to whichever heart the poet wants it to ! keep writing :)