Sunday, October 18, 2009

Some thoughts

Some thoughts have long life..Isn't?I hope you understand me.This is one thought which was born when I realized that everything is temporary that includes materialistic possessions ,and relationships.

I have been very possessive of some people ,better not to name them.What would they think if they came to know of this?Would they like it or they won't?What you say?This possessiveness don't hold that normal degree,it can go extreme.
I am not a gizmo freak but yeah I love my mobile,specially when it is bought by my savings :)This is the most guarded asset of mine or rather the only.

Sounds odd that we all have same possessiveness though the degree may be nil to the extreme.Anyways,a little gesture moved me.When I came to know a girl who was upset just for losing her calculator.This was stolen by someone from car while she was attending tuition.Now she is extra careful about her things like holding mobile very tightly and suspecting all strangers.

I understood that whatever one is possessive about,is the thing he/she loses.I used to so much protective of things that even if I don't use them,I wouldn't let it go.

But when one day,there was a little dispute with my sister,on taking the exclusive dress.I was carried away when she gave up that dress for me.But then I convinced her that she should take it anyways.From this day,I relished the Joy of Giving.Although this was just a little gesture but it really changed my thoughts.

Even in case of relationships,I have withdrawn this possessiveness.I don't fear losing even my best friend or some one special.That don't mean I don't care for them.It means that if after some efforts,I am unable to match the expectations or the other person don't like me;I would rather take a move out.I know its easy to write and say but actually implementing is really tough.But I would do the same if any one has issues with me.I really don't like faking up or unnecessarily holding something what's not mine.

Serious thoughts..Isn't?By the way,do you have issues with me?Let me know.
Lessons learnt-
1)forget and forgive.
2)Leave expectations.just chuck them.
3)Stop faking.

3 comments:

Galtist said...

interesting...! very !!

possessiveness goes with maturity. Let me put it this way.. if there's something 'x' u've wanted for long and then got it.. u'll be possessive about it.
But slowly as we grow up, we discover that there are various options to the x we wanted and even if this one goes, we'll get another.
Also, our needs would have changed by the time and there wud be something higher up in Maslow's hierarchy that we would be wanting now. When we get that for the 1st time.. we'll be again possessive about it.

Example 1 : Remember ur 1st bf and how possessive u wud have been.. but say by the time 5th or 6th came.. u won't care that much.

Example 2 : U wud be very crazy and possessive abt getting into college a but after that phase passes away and u r focussing on ur next target.. possessiveness for earlier wanes away..

It is a part of growing up that we become lesser and lesser possessive of things in life.

Great to knw that u've discovered it :)

Galtist said...

just to add...

ur possessiveness will come back whenever in future u have ur 1st kid and go away by the time u have ur 2nd or 3rd...

pun intended... :P

Haresh said...

A nice post from you.

As Galtist said, possessiveness reduces or disappear with growing maturity.

"Even in case of relationships,I have withdrawn this possessiveness.I don't fear losing even my best friend or some one special.That don't mean I don't care for them.It means that if after some efforts,I am unable to match the expectations or the other person don't like me."

There are times when the other person (a friend or a lover) is more possessive than us. In such cases, even when we like them and care for them, we've to end the relationship when rising expectations reach a certain level.