Thursday, July 31, 2008

My First Adventure

Though I am not adventurous ,but when I got the opportunity for it,I grabbed it with my both hands.Lats year when I was on vacation with my family,I was given choices between boat ride and snorkeling to have the glimpse of correls.

Earlier,I was scary about going under the water and be spotted around the fish.How will I distinguish friendly fish among non friendly?Then I thought that it was first opportunity for me to go risky and adventurous.I was waiting for my chance then.I was looking at other fellows who were going and coming.The sight of their safe coming,gave me a relief.

Till then i was collecting some sea shells.The variety of shapes and colors in sea shells always attract me to carry some with me.But I fell bad that creature under it,will become homeless because of me.How can be I so so cruel and rude to any living being?I put them back in the water again.

At last!!!My turn came.When I viewed the huge body of water ;I wondered how deep I will go and will I go and touch the point where the river meets the sea.Silly me!!I think a lot and then curiosity is good thing too.

Anyways we(3fellow passengers,my dad and me) stood together and bonded by a common water tube that held us above water.My face was covered with oxygen mask and eye goggles.Then we started walking ahead.I was shocked when I was realising that I am no longer able to stand properly.Perhaps i was going deeper.It was like as if I have slipped the stairs and still gravitational force pulling me inside.Breathing through those pipes was very tough for me.I wanted to go back but if I would have asked for going back then others could not continue either.
But then my guide told me to float on the water.I got mad and was thinking is he crazy that am I light as a feather to float?As I tried moving my legs backward towards up,I felt like a mermaid.

Next task was to dive under the water and look for corals.The visibility was poor due to accumulation of rain water in the sea.Still I manged to go bit deep and have a look.The guide brought a corral for us to see.I was happy to see it and it gave me a sense of accomplishment that as if I had been to Great correl reef of Australia.

Coming back to the sea shore was easier as I got comfortable in floating back.I had done it.I am thrilled and excited to see new side of my life.This being my first adventurous activity will be remembered as fresh as ever.I am proud of myself.I am looking for more adventurous.


2 comments:

Haresh said...

Looks like good adventurous experience you had. Some experience are worth having and are too good to forget.

Now this attracts me too to try it in case I get a chance.

Arul prakash said...

Actually the world that we live in has more shark like predators in our streets than underwater...